Steve Kimock owns two guitars built by the late legendary builder Steve Cripe (1953-1996). Besides rarity, these guitars were the last electrics Jerry Garcia used. Scott Walker paid tribute to what was one of Mr Cripe’s most elegant designs. The result is a combination of features that accentuate the unusual wood choices leading to amazing sustain, resonance and tone.
The Phantoms electronics feature custom Single coil blade pickups by Lollar. A minimalist approach to the controls, yet a unique variety of options. There are two different preamps, Walkers unique Unity Gain Buffer, as well as his FET style Booster, both with on/off switches. This allows the Passive option, as well as a choice of either preamps or both!
- Ebony top and back (shown)
- Figured Maple core with Paduk laminates
- Bolt on Figured Maple neck
- 12″ Radius Ebony Fingerboard
- Medium Jumbo Frets
- 25″ Scale
- 22 frets
- Tone Pros Bridge
- Custom “Walker” tailpiece
- Master Volume w/ push pull OP amp on/off
- Master Tone w/push pull FET preamp-on/off
- Walker signature diamond inlays
- Lollar custom Single coil pickups